Senior 3D Character Artist - Canada
Senior 3D Character Artist
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
• Halifax, NS, Canada
Collaborate with the Art Director and Character Art Coordinator to create amazing models that define and then maintain a coherent vision of the game’s look and feel while fitting within the technical constraints of the project while 'pushing the envelope' of what character art means on the mobile platform.
You will need to be comfortable in many areas of game production such as modeling, texturing and skinning as well as having an expert knowledge of the industries current popular tools.
• Create excellent high and low-poly models utilizing cutting edge techniques and pipelines.
• Have a malleable sense of style by being able to pivot from heavily stylized art to highly realistic assets.
• Work closely with the #D Character Team and concept team to ensure consistency between the concept and final 3D assets.
• Use in-house tools/applications as part of the art pipeline to create assets for the project.
• Participate in the constant improvement and evolution of asset production methods and techniques.
• Maintain a high level of quality while working with design constraints and balancing performance issues.
• Define work processes together with the Character Art Coordinator and the Technical Artist.
• Demonstrate a strong capability of managing multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
• Provide effective mentorship for more 'Junior' members of the Character Art Team to share acquired knowledge.
• Continue research and development into implementing 'Best-Practices' and Industry Innovation within our Halifax Studio.
• Provide completed work to the Character Art Coordinator and Art Director at various stages (sculpting, texturing, after revisions) for review.
• Continue to refine the character sculpt with direct input from the Character Art Coordinator and Art Director to ensure the highest quality and applicability to the game.
• A Minimum of 3+ years' experience developing AAA Titles.
• Experience with 3DS Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Unity, Substance Painter, and Designer.
• Expert knowledge and understanding of human anatomy, with a keen eye towards shape, silhouette and form.
• Excellent understanding of character asset optimization for Mobile Apps.
• A passion towards staying up to date with the latest technologies to drive innovation and personal development.
• Experience with animation, rigging, and skinning, highly desired!
• Highly effective at communication across all applicable teams to ensure collaboration and creativity within the project.
• Bachelor of Arts desired
What can we offer you!
• Competitive salary scale
• Additional paid time off over the Christmas holidays
• Affordable Gym membership
• Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
• Flexible Work Hours to provide a healthy work/life balance
• Summer months bring ‘Summer Fridays’
• And an international and diverse team
For more information, please visit the Nova Scotia booth during the fair.