Roku Developer - Canada
Meer informatie over deze baan >
As a Roku Developer at REDspace, you’ll join a cross-functional team working on some of the world’s most recognized OTT applications for big media and entertainment brands including Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, MTV, and BET+. Using industry best practices, you’ll develop top quality Roku experiences that are used by millions of people around the world.
Collaboration is the name of the game in our office which leads to daily cross-discipline idea generation. In this role, you’ll be part of a mighty and quickly growing team working on creating and supporting cutting edge Video on Demand (VOD) applications. As part of this, you’ll also be working directly with clients on projects with a rapidly changing scope and feature sets.
What we expect.
● 5+ years of software development in applicable technologies OR 2+ years working specifically on set-top or OTT platforms.
● Experience with Roku SDK (and Brightscript) and other VOD platforms OR strong experience and understanding of C and/or Java language.
● Proficient at generating code in existing codebases and from scratch.
● Strong understanding of the following:
○ Object-Oriented Programming
○ Memory Management
○ Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Sprints, and Kanban
○ Source Code Management (Git, GitHub, Bitbucket)
○ Node Ecosystem Build Tools (Webpack, Gulp, NPM)
○ Test & Behavior Driven Development Practices
○ Integrating with API’s
● Work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment that requires meeting tight deadlines.
● Ability to work individually and with a team made up of developers, designers, project
managers, and clients.
● Great attitude and sense of humour (even if it’s just making yourself laugh). You'll be
hard-pressed to find egos around here.
● Passion for learning new technologies and desire to stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices.
● A degree in Computer Science or other relevant program is preferred.
● Experience with Python, Ruby, or similar.
● Knowledge of Component-Based Development would be an asset.
Your well-being. We offer fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage, pension plan contribution matching, access to a free on-site gym, and a healthy living allowance.
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. With an annual professional development allowance and trips to the world’s biggest and best tech conferences, we give you the chance to grow and learn new skills.
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We make sure to create a flexible environment with remote work options, newcomers relocation assistance, free delicious snacks, saunas, and much more.
Want to work for one of Canada’s top employers? Send us your cover letter, resume and portfolio!
This position is based out of our Bedford office and offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
For more information, please visit the Nova Scotia booth during the fair.