Registered Nurse (RN) - Canada
VON (Victorian order of Nurses)
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
Contact: Diana LeCoure – Diana.firstname.lastname@example.org
Locations: Annapolis Valley, NS
Pictou County, NS
Colchester East Hants, NS
Registered Nurse (RN)
Are you passionate about helping people in the community live every day to the fullest? A career at VON is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to use your talents to make a difference.
VON is looking for Nurses who have strong critical thinking skills, who enjoy working independently, continuous learning, and working to their full scope.
Our Registered Nurses provide acute nursing care to children, youth, adults and seniors who require medical care in their homes.
VON offers an extended orientation for new nurses. New grads are welcome to apply!
Our Nurses provide:
• Client assessments
• Diabetes management
• IV medications
• IV/CVAD care
• Medication management
• Palliative care
• Patient and family teaching
• Wound care; incl. negative pressure wound therapy and complex wounds
• …and much more!
• To provide and manage high quality and effective nursing care to all individuals who are assigned to your care
• Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
• Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
• Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
• Registration with NSCN and a graduate from an accredited school of nursing
• Demonstrated competencies in observation, independent assessment and health
• Experience providing nursing care to children, adults and seniors an asset
• Can effectively use software for client documents & communication
• Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
• Valid CPR C / First Aid required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Portability of Seniority as per NSNU Agreement
For more information, please visit the Nova Scotia booth during the fair.