Producer - Canada
As a Producer within our Halifax Studio, you will play a major role in the creation of our teams’ next adventure! Working within the Production Group, you will be responsible for the efficient management of our Development Team to ensure deadlines are achieved and work quality fits Ubisoft standards. The incumbent will oversee the advancement of the work and the attainment of production objectives as well as ensuring high levels of motivation and commitment from team members across a wide range of disciplines (Art, Design, Programming, etc.). Additionally, you will work closely with HQ by providing clear guidelines and key success factors at all stages of development: from conception to launch and report directly to our Production Director.
• Under the supervision of the Production Director, and with the support of an editorial team, your tasks will be:
• Supervise production (from conception to post-launch) on a growing portfolio of mobile games developed by Ubisoft, either new concepts or existing IP’s.
• Contribute to improving the quality of our games, productivity of our teams and the efficiency of our processes. Additionally, make recommendations on development process improvement, game content, the business model, and the purchase of licenses or partnership opportunities where applicable
• Mentor and encourage the development of junior production staff through consistent oversight and feedback
• Prioritize competing deadlines while structuring the team to support these initiatives.
• Frequently document and monitor developments within Task Management tools (Jira)
• Be personable and communicate well with all levels of the Development and Management Teams both within the studio and with external partners.
• Organize and prioritize the Jira backlog for the project and own the delivery of those tasks/stories based on priorities determined in conjunction with the Production Director and Studio Manager.
• Be responsible for planning and delivering on sprints and be accountable for their successes and failures.
• Familiarize yourself with the workings of Ubisoft Mobile – in particular the requirements at given gates/milestones.
• Play mobile games on a regular basis to identify upcoming trends in the free-to-play space and look for ways that these trends may influence our future product choices.
Scope and Contribution:
• 5 years minimum experience in the video game industry, ideally in production of mobile games
• Excellent knowledge of production, difficulties generally encountered by the teams and solutions tailored to their requirements
• Ability to analyze problems and provide consistent guidance on different areas: art, game design, organization, business
• An ability to simultaneously manage various innovative projects, with technology trends, editorial feedback and varied commercial opportunities
• A constant concern of consumer expectations, usage of products, and business initiatives
• Highly competent in project management skills, time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, all while maintaining a positive outlook.
• Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences on a broad range of topics, e.g. technical, business and creative (spoken and written)
• Genuine interest in games, especially free to play mobile gaming.
• Working Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Jira, Confluence
For more information, please visit the Nova Scotia booth during the fair.
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >