Payroll Specialist- Dutch speaker- Spain
More information about this job
respond by email
At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people.
At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to “Be Alight.”
It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose.
Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
Learn more at careers.alight.com
Responsible for supporting the operational teams to ensure they are skilled and knowledgeable in meeting our client(s) deadlines, whilst also working with Management to provide the best service to our clients by delivering their functional and technical expertise support a selection of clients
Delivery Key responsibilities:
• Support Managers with client engagement ensuring all information is accurate and provided on time
• Provide support and guidance for all implementations and go lives
• Provide daily functional support to the teams, to support the successful delivery of payrolls
• Responsible for the maintenance of the Client Solution workbook
• Responsible for the updating, maintaining and enforcing of the Defined Work Instructions (DWIs)and other process documentation
• Ensure and Sign Off System Maintenance Testing
• Support the review of the Statement of Works before its shared with the Client to ensure its fit for purpose
• Responsible for the resolution of Technical/Functional issues escalated from the team and ensuring all system issues/defects are reported correctly and tickets are logged with the necessary details and evidences so Application Services and/or Products can investigate
• Working with Operational Management, Transformation and Products to implement automation, innovation and any continuous improvement programmes
• Responsible for the management of the legislation roadmap and ensuring the team are upskilled in upcoming changes and processes are updated where needed
• Support Year End
• Ability to recognize and deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information
• Proactively identify upsell opportunities
• Support Management with the resolution of client escalations, along with lessons learnt
• Upskill and develop team members through training delivery and coaching to enable them to fulfil their role
• Alight Security Standards are adhered and followed
• Time Recording to be completed on time and accurately
• Contribute to team meetings and raise any issues immediately to your Operations Manager
• Ensure you are up to date with all Alight announcements and communications
• Build good relationships with all lines of businesses where appropriate
• Participates in projects and activities as needed and assigned
• Adherence to all Security and Compliance procedures
• 100% Attainment of customer SLA agreements
• Adherence to quality standards
• Adoption of innovation initiatives
• Reduction of client escalations through knowledge transfer to both the client and payroll team
• Demonstrate professionalism and act responsibly
Alight Core Competencies
• Be Accountable - Take advantage of the World of Opportunity and demonstrate personal responsibility and eagerness to explore & acquire the necessary skills. Be a key team player by collaborating and sharing knowledge to accomplish personal and team results.
• Solve Problems - Be a resourceful problem solver by proactively identifying problems or challenges in the workplace and put forward creative solutions to drive continuous improvement
• Take Ownership - Proactively seeks clarity of role, accomplishment of individual & team objectives and future personal career opportunities
• Be Client Centric - Actively responds to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Ensure a balanced approach between client requirements and Alight priorities
• Be Effective - Demonstrate knowledge of the Alight Way, our values and levers for success. Contribute and work to agreed global standards, utilize tools & technologies to act fast to achieve maximum personal productivity. Ensure work can be carried out in a repeatable, scalable way
• Strong knowledge of the various inputs and outputs such as third party interfaces, timekeeping, tax filing/compliance, benefits and other key areas that integrate with payroll
• Ability to identify and mitigate risks
• Strong knowledge of MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Flexibility to support a global and fast paced environment
• Attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Self-motivated and a willingness to learn
• Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment, as well as independently while adhering to processes and procedures
• BA/BS in a business-related field such as Accounting, Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education & experience
• 3-4 years relevant experience administering Payroll in an HR consulting, HR Outsourcing or Corporate environment
• Expert knowledge on payroll processes, practices and associated legislation
• HRIS knowledge: Workday, SAP, or PeopleSoft knowledge preferred
• Payroll certifications
• Payroll certifications
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements according to business requirements.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.