Motor Vehicle Technician
More information about this job
respond by email
Performance Auto Group, is a leading automotive group, whose purpose is to be the preferred automotive group by fostering fair and respectful relationships that positively impact our team, customers, partners, and communities. Our core values as an organization are the principals we were built on that guide us today:
Great Experience: Every customer is entitled to a great experience
Integrity: We are honest and transparent in our actions
Diversity: We are stronger through the inclusion of people, brands and ideas
Innovation: We passionately embrace opportunities for new and continuous improvements
Empowerment: We encourage and support our people in taking initiative
Giving Back: We positively impact the communities in which we live, work and raise families
Here’s what you’ll deliver:
- Project a positive attitude for the benefit of our customers and our junior employees.
- Retrieve repair orders from dispatch on a timely basis.
- Obtain parts from the Parts Department as required.
- Use repair order punch clock appropriately, (i.e. punch onto specific line when starting task, and punch off when task is complete).
- Road test vehicles as required.
- Address all customer concerns using the Three C’s method – Complaint, Cause, Correction.
- Examine all vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Prepare a complete report on the back of the repair order.
- Estimate flat rate times for each recommendation. Use supplied flat-rate manuals and the Employer policies as a guide.
- Obtain parts prices and note availability for each recommendation.
- Perform all work as outlined on the front of the repair order and as authorized on the back, with efficiency and accuracy, and in accordance with company and factory standards.
- Order all parts when authorization is received, unless specifically told otherwise. Indicate on the RO that you have done so.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or insurance, or if requested by the customer.
- Road-test vehicles after service any time a wheel is removed, or any time a repair that might affect drivability is performed (i.e. tune-up, valve adjustment, brake work, suspension work, rattle/noise repair, etc.). Straight oil changes or transmission fluid changes are excluded.
- Ensure that all work performed is thorough, accurate, and completed in a timely fashion.
- Work effectively without supervision.
- Supervise work of all apprentice technicians or students; report immediately any deficiencies to the Service Manager.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes as scheduled by management.
- Attend dealer-specified training courses as scheduled by management.
- Keep abreast of all factory technical bulletins.
- Learn and understand all current and emerging technologies as they apply to automobile service.
- Maintain a high degree of concentration to prevent “comebacks”.
- Ensure that customer cars are kept as clean or cleaner than when they arrived, both inside and out.
- Keep shop area neat and clean at all times.
- Other duties as required by management.
What you need to succeed:
- Grade 12 diploma or GED.
- Proven knowledge and experience with automotive mechanical operations preferred.
- Must be team oriented with a positive attitude.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be reliable and able to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Possess a valid Drivers License in good standing
- Has a neat appearance, good judgment, and mature attitude.
- Personable, reliable, courteous.
- Works well in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and succeed.
- Must be team oriented, reliable and hardworking with a positive attitude.
- Excellent diagnostic and electrical skills.
The Brands we Service Include: