Metal Fabricator / Steel Fitter - Canada
METAL FABRICATOR/ STEEL FITTER
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
Title: Metal Fabricator/ Steel fitter
Reporting to: Shop Foreman
The Metal Fabricator/Fitter is responsible for reading and analyzing blueprints and engineering drawings to assess materials needed and to create templates that correspond with required metal cuts. The Metal Fabricator will be required to use a variety of light and heavy machinery to make their necessary cuts and to assemble fabricated components into complete units. Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
Roles, responsibilities and duties:
• Performing job duties with care and precision
• Ensure safety of self, co-workers, everyone who may be impacted and that of the surroundings
• Use of Personal Protective Equipments (PPEs) always- helmet, gloves, steel toed boots, safety vest, goggles, ear plugs, etc.
• Participating in safety culture via reporting
• Maintain safe work practices
• Operate light machinery, including brake presses, shears, cutting torches, grinders, and computer numerical control equipment (CNC).
• Assemble, fit and weld metal sections and plates to create complete units or subunits based on shop drawings.
• Install fabricated components in the final product.
• Preheat work pieces to render them malleable.
• Sets up and operates heavy machine tools, such as: radial drill, end mill and edge planer.
• Fastening components together using tack welding, bolting and riveting.
• Utilizing material handling, rigging, hoisting and lifting equipment to move completed assemblies safely.
• Analyze blueprints and engineering drawings to assess materials needed and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal.
• Create and construct patterns and guides as templates for metal cutting.
• Monitor quality of fabrication and production.
Training and Certifications:
• 3-4+ years of experience in the trade.
• Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) GMAW (or equivalent) welding ticket considered an asset. If not currently held, must be willing to obtain with the Organization’s support.
• Red Seal endorsement considered an asset.
• Precise materials selection.
• Manual Dexterity.
• Safety Oriented
• Planning and Organizing
• Quality Oriented
• Participates in safety culture via reporting
• Recommends materials needed to perform tasks
• Plans sequence of tasks
• Create templates for steel cutting
• Determine reference points and patterns on heavy metals
• Production Manager
• General Manager
• Safety department
• People Services Department
• Quality Control Department
• Employee may be required to work in potentially hazardous environments requiring protective equipment.
• Employee may be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals, high temperatures and high levels of noise.
• Employee may be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching, or sitting.
• Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment.
• Overtime as required.
For more information, please visit the Nova Scotia booth during the fair.