Master Butcher - Canada
CANADIAN COMPANY SEEKING MASTER BUTCHER!!
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
Position Start Date: As soon as immigration paperwork is approved. (Spring 2020)
Established in 1963, Tony’s Meats Ltd. is a privately owned federally registered, SQF and Halal certified company located in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada. Tony’s Meats produces and distributes an extensive selection of quality raw and fully cooked further processed meat products under the Tony’s MeatsTM and Mr. DonairTM brands as well as many private label brands at both foodservice and retail establishments across Canada.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products they make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their passion and commitment to greater awareness and success!
The Master Butcher is a key member of our team playing a front line role in various aspects of daily plant operations including formulation, injection, smokehouse operation, process and new product development, dry goods and meat inventory as well as finished product quality. He/she will utilize and share their industry specific training and knowledge to help ensure that the safest products of the highest quality are being produced.
• Review Daily Scheduled Activities for all departments.
• Monitor meat and dry ingredient inventory and communicate purchase order needs to appropriate purchasing individuals.
• Oversee the preparation of meat for use including air and water tempering activities, trimming, deboning etc.
• Train, supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers in formulation, meat preparation and injection area to maximize productivity, minimize downtime and ensure quality and food safety parameters are being met.
• Operate required equipment (grinder, mixer, bowl cutter, stuffer, clipper, tumbler, metal detector, saw etc.)
• Load and unload smokehouses and develop and enter new programs into software
• Ensure that production activities are being executed according to customer specifications as well as the company’s written HACCP, and SQF programs.
• Ensure that employees are working safely and according to Occupational Health and Safety standards.
• Communicate any maintenance or personnel issues resulting in downtime or productivity losses to the Production Manager
• Participate in product research and development activities including working with the R & D Manager, Product Development Technician as well as Quality Assurance and Food Safety teams to develop and revise product formulations and specifications as well as generate test batches.
• Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
• Ensure paperwork is accurately and completely filled out
• Cover key responsibilities for Department Supervisor(s) in times of absence.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with associates and employees.
Candidates must have:
• High School Certificate or Diploma
• A Master Butcher Certificate
• Experience working for an industrial meat processing company preferred but not required
• Working knowledge of raw and fully cooked meat processing and packaging techniques required (Meat cutting/trimming, Formulation, stuffing, injection, tumbling, smokehouse operation, slicing, packaging)
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates that are fluent in English or can achieve at least a level 5 on an international English test.
• Excellent mathematical skills
• Proven decision making ability using various analytical tools
• Knowledge of food sanitation and maintenance processes and procedures
• Customer service skills and a professional communicator;
• Excellent organization, time management and delegation skills;
• The ability to analyze production data and communicate to upper management in report format
• Strong computer skills including – e-mail, MS office, particularly Excel and word.
We offer : A Competitive compensation package including: Salary, Health & Dental Benefits, Life Insurance, RRSP Plan, as well as other incentives and bonus opportunities. Relocation assistance may be available.
Immigration Programs: There are a number of different immigration programs and options available for candidates willing to permanently relocate themselves and their family to Canada.
For more information on the company and products please visit www.tonys-meats.com
To apply to this posting please send a copy of your resume complete with cover letter and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit the Nova Scotia booth during the fair.