Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
We are looking for skilled Mechanics/Millwrights; preferably in the marine field but will consider all mechanics.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform removal and installation of propulsion systems including rudders, propellers, shafts and bearing assemblies;
• Alignment of all systems;
• Removal and installation of steering systems;
• Install fire suppression systems (typically CO2);
• Conduct required maintenance as required on all mechanical systems;
• Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work processes;
• Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions;
• Will be exposed to environmental elements as work is conducted inside and outside throughout the year; and
• Other duties as instructed by his/her Supervisor.
• Previous shipyard/marine experience is preferred;
• Previous Mechanic experience is necessary;
• Red Seal Millwright preferred, but willing to hire Apprentices with the right skill set;
• Applicants must be safety conscious;
• Able to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna masts, marine slips, and gangways (onboard ships);
• Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed to complete projects or meet deadlines;
• Possess the ability to work well both with a team or unsupervised; and
• Applicant must provide Steel Toe boots, all other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for this position is provided.
A. F. Theriault & Son Ltd. is a Canadian boatyard based in Meteghan, Nova Scotia. One of the largest private boatyards in Atlantic Canada, our modern and well equipped facility can produce monohull or catamaran vessels in fibreglass, steel, aluminium or advanced composites. A.F. Theriault places a strong emphasis on construction quality, safety and stability of all boats, builds and repairs.
1 D’Entremont Road, Meteghan River, Nova Scotia, B0W 2L0