Manager, Fab Maintenance, Finland
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd ( www.vttresearch.com/ ) is the biggest multitechnological applied research organisation in Northern Europe. VTT provides high-end technology solutions and innovation services.
The Micronova manufacturing services organization ( www.vttmemsfab.com ) is recruiting a Manager, Fab Maintenance to develop the maintenance operations in Micronova semiconductor fab in Espoo. The position is a newly-added role, designed to strengthen the management team and help with the continued implementation of our ongoing, multi-year fab improvement initiative.
With us you will be responsible for
The maintenance manager will be responsible for day-to-day activities within the fab maintenance team, who currently maintain operational capabilities of over 200 pieces of silicon processing equipment and services related to the cleanroom infrastructure.
Aa a key member of the manufacturing services management team, he/she will be expected to work closely with process engineering, operations, quality and customers to drive systemic improvements that will minimize unplanned downtime and optimize preventative maintenance and return to production procedures.
The existing maintenance team consists of highly skilled engineers with deep expertise in various fields who work independently. The role is to provide additional support to the team, identifying and implementing improvement initiatives that will enable them to more efficiently carry out their essential work with minimal distraction to the process.
Activities will include:
• Leading and supporting the maintenance team
• Establishing priorities based on customer needs, when a resource conflict exists on key equipment
• Developing, monitoring and sharing new equipment performance metrics that accurately represent progress towards goals.
• Analysing key equipment usage and downtime trends and planning improvement initiatives based on data and other feedback.
• Being the primary communicator to key customers and other stakeholders on status of equipment in maintenance.
• Working with equipment suppliers to improve levels of external support.
• Optimizing spare part inventory to achieve the right balance between cost and ability to respond/repair.
• Participating in evaluation of new equipment / suppliers as part of current 200mm investment programme.
• Long-term planning of resource needs including recruitment of new personnel and training / transition planning for pending retirements.
We expect you to have
The ideal applicant will have a technical degree in an engineering discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a similar role in a commercial semiconductor fab. He/she will have a deep understanding of MEMS/Semiconductor processing equipment and will have worked closely with customers with demanding requirements for quality and traceability such as are typical e.g. in automotive or medical applications. knowledge of HVAC technology would also be an asset.
As a person you are
The Maintenance manager will be a direct interface with multiple international customers and is expected to be fluent in English and Finnish and be able to directly communicate equipment status to key stakeholders as needed.
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching.