Health Care Aide
Requisition ID: 334050
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
Position Number: Multiple Positions
Work Location: Manitoba
Job Stream: Clinical
FTE: Full-time and Part-time Opportunities
Anticipated Shift: Days, Nights, Evenings, Weekends Standby coverage as required
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Under the general supervision of the Manager, RN, RPN, and/or LPN, the uncertified Health Care Aide works with all members of the health care team including certified Health Care Aides assisting with resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed including:
• promotes and assists residents in maintaining activities of daily living (ADL) like walking, bathing, feeding, etc. provides support and assistance to members of the health care team including assistance to certified Health Care Aides that are within the uncertified Health Care Aide’s ability, competence, and training
• assists residents to maintain adequate rest and activity
• assists with constant care and/or close observation to residents as assigned monitors wandering residents as assigned
• responds promptly to resident calls, ensuring call bells are within resident reach transports residents as required
• responds to the physical and emotional needs of residents
• provides relevant patient information to the health care team to assist in care planning assists with obtaining, cleaning, and maintaining equipment as directed
• demonstrates a working knowledge of unit equipment, e.g. patient lift and transfer devices restocks supplies as assigned
• responds appropriately to inquiries, relays messages, and initiates appropriate action as directed reports and records resident care provided and changes observed
• Previous patient care experience preferred.
• Minimum Grade 10 education, Manitoba standards, required. Must be 18 years of age or older.
• 1st and 2nd year student in a health sciences faculty.
• Other relevant education/experience may be considered.
• Not Applicable
Qualifications and Skills
• Not Applicable
• Position involves extensive physical activity such as lifting, transferring, and transporting patients and equipment. May encounter aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.