Job Position: Fibreglass Laminator (1 Position)
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
FULL TIME / PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT
$20 - $25/hour, 40 hours per week
Laminate layers of fibreglass on molds to form boat decks and hulls and complete fibreglass repairs. Position performs routine physical labor; moving materials, tools, and/or equipment; cleaning equipment, machinery, and work areas; completing minor carpentry tasks; operating various types of tools, such as, pneumatic, electric, and hand (grinder), spray gun; brush roll or hand brush painting. May be required to perform additional duties deemed necessary by the supervisor for the completion of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Apply layers of plastic resin to mold surfaces prior to placement of fibreglass mats, repeating layers until products have the desired thicknesses.
• Select pre cut fibreglass mats, cloth, and wood-bracing materials as required by projects being assembled.
• Bond wood reinforcing strips to decks and cabin structures of watercraft, using resin saturated fibreglass.
• Repair or modify damaged or defective glass-fibre parts, checking thicknesses, densities, and contours to ensure a close fit after repair.
• Able to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways,
• Will be exposed to environmental elements as work is conducted inside and outside throughout the year
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Site Environment
Noisy, Odours, Dusty, Confined spaces, At heights
• Previous shipyard/marine laminating experience is preferred, 1year min.
• Applicants must be safety conscious
• Willing to work overtime & weekends if needed to complete projects or meet deadlines
• Possess the ability to work well both with a team or unsupervised, reliable
• Applicant must provide Steel-toed safety shoes
• Must provide own transportation to/from work. Public transportation is not available.
Certificates and courses offered if not already acquired:
Working at heights training, First Aid Certificate, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate. Fall Arrest Protection Training Course, Operating a Forklift
Benefits available: Group medical benefits, dental
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types: Bonuses, Overtime pay
69 Boundary St.
Clark’s Harbour, NS, B0W 1P0
Phone: (902) 745-0123
Owner’s Cell: (902) 635-0123