Construction Manager - Ierland/Ireland
Meer informatie over deze baan >
Reageer op deze vacature via e-mail >
• Where DPS has the role of PSCS (or in-country equivalent), the Resident Site Manager is appointed by the Manager of Construction to ensure that the responsibilities of PSCS are fulfilled in the Home Office and at Site.
• To represent DPS on the construction site and to organise, administer and control site activities in accordance with, the relevant legislation and DPS and Client requirements.
• Be fully familiarised with the contract requirements, DPS policies and procedures and ensure that those requirements relating to the site operations are implemented on behalf of and under the direction of the Project Manager.
• To ensure that DPS Health, Safety, Environment, Security (HSES) and quality policy is understood and implemented by all supervised staff and project contractors.
• To ensure that the project achieves its objectives in respect of HSES, quality, cost and schedule.
• Agree, establish and maintain effective communication and co-ordination between construction site(s) and home office task force/departments.
• Promote DPS by demonstrating professionalism and efficiency, establishing credible client and local contact working relationships.
• Advise DPS of local developments and future business opportunities
• Gather information about the site, client, local capability, culture, etc. by conducting surveys as necessary to ensure the critical issues are identified and that a strategy (the Construction Execution Plan) is developed, implemented and maintained to ensure project objectives are attained.
• Establish the acceptance criteria and procedures governing the transfer of Care, Control and Custody for the site between Owner/Client, DPS and Operator. This includes the acceptance of the site and its boundaries from the Owner at the start of the works and the transfer of responsibility for initial operation and subsequent initial acceptance on completion of the works.
• Review and agree with construction management the required optimum site organisation and Manpower Projection Plan (MPP) by applying model organisation rulings with consideration given to the changing requirements throughout construction, prefabrication, pre-commissioning, start-up and commissioning phases and ensuring that team organisation contains relevant practical, technical experience and compatibility.
• To ensure an effective feedback system on all site needs eg IFC drawing requirements, engineering design, safety alerts, material requirements, material shortages / damages etc.
• Maintain an agreed detailed reporting system in accordance with project requirements.
• Maintain an effective filing and records retrieval system.
• Report cost trends, examine, understand and manage construction budget(s).
• To ensure that construction requirements are realistically quantified and incorporated (and subsequently updated) into the project budgets and planning system. To ensure that the detailed interfaces between engineering and procurement deliverables fit a logical sequence that suits the commissioning and start-up requirements.
Skills, Education & Experience
• Degree Qualified
• Experience as Field Superintendent and/or Chief Field Engineer
• Site experience 15+ years