Job Position: Carpenters (2 positions)
More information about this job
respond by email
FULL TIME / PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT
$20 - $26/hour, 40 hours per week
Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements. Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, fibreglass and other materials. Build foundations, install floor beams, lay sub-flooring and erect walls and roof systems. Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware. Install trims, rudders, seats, engine mounts and other accessories.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Able to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways.
• Measure out placement , constructing and levelling bulkheads
• Laying out and installing flooring
• Laying decking
• Constructing wheel house
• Painting, staining and varnishing finished products
• Will be exposed to environmental elements as work is conducted inside and outside throughout the year
Rural area. Construction. Maintenance and repair. Commercial. Industrial. Marine works.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Site Environment
Noisy, Odours, Dusty, Confined spaces, At heights, Outdoors
• Previous shipyard/boat building experience is preferred, 1year min.
• Applicants must be safety conscious
• Willing to work overtime & weekends if needed to complete projects or meet deadlines
• Possess the ability to work well both with a team or unsupervised, reliability
• Applicant must provide Steel-toed safety shoes
• Must provide own transportation to/from work. Public transportation is not available
Certificates and courses offered if not already acquired:
Working at heights training, First Aid Certificate, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate. Fall Arrest Protection Training Course, Operating a Forklift
Benefits available: Group medical/dental benefits offered
Schedule: 8 hour shifts.
Supplemental pay types: Bonuses, Overtime pay
69 Boundary St.
Clark’s Harbour, NS, B0W 1P0
Phone: (902) 745-0123
Owner’s Cell: (902) 635-0123