Backend Developer - Canada
As a Backend Developer at REDspace, you will create scalable, reliable, and creative solutions that build on industry-leading technology. You are highly motivated and driven by the ability to take ownership of your work - from the early design phase through to completion.
You’re the first to know about and test new trends and technologies because nothing excites you more than this ever-changing digital world we live in. You’re a strong team player but are also able to work independently and use your strong communication and technical skills to convert designs and specifications into one of a kind solutions.
Collaboration is the name of the game, which leads to daily cross-discipline idea generation. As a Backend Developer, you’ll be part of a mighty and quickly growing team who are working together to invent innovative, captivating and visionary solutions which will change the way people engage with technology. Want to join our team?
What we expect.
● 3 + years of experience working in a Backend Development or Full Stack Development role.
● Experience operating in cloud computing-based environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
● Familiarity with continuous integration & development tools (AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins,
● Knowledge of Cloud Security considerations and best practices.
● Knowledge of scalable server and database architecture.
● Understanding and working knowledge of building an API-first application in your chosen
● Experience with systems-level development, services, networking, and daemons.
● Designing and implementing services in a 12-factor style.
● Experience working with NoSQL solutions like MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
● A good communicator who can express your thoughts both verbally and written.
● Enjoy working on a small agile team, with ownership of your problems and their solutions and contributing to the overall success of the team.
● A desire to work with a variety of technologies and the ability to adapt to change.
● Loves problem-solving and can deploy solutions quickly
● High-level knowledge of machine learning principles, statistical modeling or regression analysis.
● Experience working with audio and or video.
● Domain knowledge of media encoding.
What you can expect.
One of the big plus sides of working at REDspace is we look out for you.
Your well-being. We offer fully company-funded health, vision, dental, and life insurance coverage, pension plan contribution matching, access to a free on-site gym, and a healthy living allowance.
Your career. We’re invested in your growth. With an annual professional development allowance and trips to the world’s biggest and best tech conferences, we give you the chance to grow and learn new skills.
Your happiness. You’ll enjoy coming to work every day. We make sure to create a flexible environment with remote work options, newcomers relocation assistance, free delicious snacks, saunas, and much more.
Want to work for one of Canada’s top employers? Send us your cover letter, resume and portfolio
Meer informatie over deze baan >
This position is based out of our Bedford office and offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. We appreciate your interest in REDspace. Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Where to find us!
168-1595 Bedford Hwy
Bedford NS, Canada B4A 3Y4
For more information, please visit the Nova Scotia booth during the fair.